Sales Operations Analyst
The Sales Operations team are responsible for supporting the global Sales team at Workshare across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) and Asia Pacific region (APAC). The team is responsible for our Salesforce CRM system including pipeline and data management, reporting, sales processes, tools and sales compensation.
The team operates within a dynamic, exciting and challenging environment supporting all Salesforce users in the business (Management, Sales, Finance, Customer Support, Marketing and Customer Success) to enable their operational effectiveness and revenue achievement.
The Salesforce Administrator is an expert user who is responsible for ensuring the system delivers operational excellence at all times. This encompasses the health of our customer data, accurate analysis, management reporting, governance, sales processes and tools, supporting the Sales compensation process and sales training. This is a huge role that the right person will relish to step up to the challenge of delivering fantastic support to the business.
The responsibilities of the Salesforce Administrator include:
- All tasks relating to the day-to-day administration of the Salesforce system including:
- data health – regular processes for data back-up, de-duplication, etc
- data validation – checking for anomalies created by errors of sales people that impact pipeline and reporting working with Finance to validate
- production and maintenance of standard reports and user dashboards
- updating and maintaining sales targets used for reporting
- responding to ad hoc requests for reports, assistance with problems
- maintenance of governance elements such as pricing and discounts
- Validation – checking Salesforce against the weekly Bookings Report to identify anomalies and errors before they are reported up the management chain.
- Forecasting – supporting Sales VPs with their weekly forecasts, identifying any pipeline issues and helping to resolve them. Attending weekly forecast calls when required.
- Reporting – creation, validation and distribution of all regional and management sales reports.
- Pipeline – regularly checking and driving sales people to keep their pipelines up to date
- Sales Processes – solid understanding of sales process including sales stages and best practice for pipeline management and reporting
- Quarterly Business Reviews – supporting Sales VPs and Practice Groups with analysis / reports they require for QBRs.
- Ad Hoc Requests – responding in a timely fashion to ad hoc requests from the business to provide information and reports
- Processes – maintain documented processes for pipeline management, forecasting and reporting
- Tools – use of Salesforce and 3rd party tools to manage common Salesforce tasks such as de-duping and down / uploading mass data entries.
- Accounts – ensuring accounts are correctly assigned to individual and managing approval process for changes
- Metrics – tracking sales activity metrics such as activity levels, meetings attended
- Pipeline reviews – supporting Sales VPs with the data and reports they require to conduct pipeline reviews with their sales teams
- Planning –provide specific analysis and input into the global business planning process
- Training – providing induction training for new starters and refresher courses to ensure regular awareness of best practice and governance
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years full-time experience as a Salesforce administrator for a sales team of more than 30 people across multiple regions
- Advanced Excel including pivot tables to create reports from Salesforce data exports
- Core Salesforce expertise including:
- Use of Dataloader to download and upload mass data without errors
- Use of reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks to help with daily tasks.
- Understanding how to raise cases with Salesforce and process to complete closure
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience working as a Salesforce administrator.
- Sound knowledge of pipeline management principles and administration combined with data analysis skills.
- Strong understanding of Sales and sales processes
- Ideally presently working for an application software supplier
The functional groups that the Salesforce Administrator is required to work closely with include:
- Sales – regional Sales Directors, Sales VPs and the Global Sales VP
- Finance – Finance Controller, Invoice Specialists etc to resolve anomalies and errors in Salesforce relating to actuals / bookings
- Customer Support
- Customer Success
- Business Systems team
This role requires a combination of administration, operational and financial expertise coupled with the business acumen to ensure a smooth and successful Sales operation. The Salesforce Administrator must be able to work well with sales people and the challenges they bring in a fast-moving environment.
As part of an operational team, the person needs to be an outgoing and experienced operational professional, able to operate under pressure of time to deliver ‘right first time’ information whilst contributing as part of a closely-knit team.
In return for all of this, we offer:
- 25 days Holidays Per Year rising to 28 Days
- Company Paid Bank Holidays – 8 statutory days per year
- Medical and Travel insurance
- Pension Scheme Contribution up to 5%
- Life assurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Wellness program including contribution to Gym membership
- Vision care
- Hot/Cold Drinks and Fruit available.
- Fun environment with great offices and awesome team events