Digital Media and Graphic Designer
As the Digital Media and Graphic Designer at Workshare, you will be responsible for developing and executing all our external promotional and advocacy content- and selected internal video and photographic communications. This role sits within the Marketing department but will involve working closely with stakeholders other departments you such as Product, Sales and Design and will lead all aspects of the video production and post-production process to deliver engaging digital projects that clearly communicate our product and company strategy. Additionally you will be responsible for a small volume of creation, and coordination of any outsourced graphic and html designed assets. The role will be approx. 70/30 split between digital media/video production and graphic design.
- Lead the design, creation & delivery of all online video and photographic content. These will include, but aren’t limited to, product explainers, customer advocacy / endorsements, marketing campaign content, and occasionally high-profile internal HR or recruitment pieces where high production values are important.
- Working closely with stakeholders to plan, organize, and execute video and multimedia projects from concept through to delivery. Working to tight deadlines to deliver work that is creative and exceeds expectations.
- Generate compelling storyboards that communicate clearly to both our customers and users.
- Arranging video shoots and giving guidance to people being filmed.
- Filming video or photos with good lighting and sound and editing this content to a consistently high quality.
- Taking and editing photos or video for content publishing and social media posting
- Integration within the Marketing function you will execute on the creation of assets to support existing campaign activity
- Project managing your work and communicate progress within the Marketing team – on agreed campaign management systems with close attention to detail and time management.
- Working closely with the design team to ensure a consistent visual brand experience between corporate and product materials & video.
- Being proactive - working independently and with the team to determine what needs to be done.
- Ability to create vector assets and illustrations for use in digital materials ensuring meticulous attention to detail
- Ensure a consistent tone of voice & style is maintained throughout each video produced and all content aligns with corporate and brand guidelines.
- Offer a suite of video services to different departments, and ensure that stakeholders understand the different video offerings, times to complete, and value each type of video can offer
- Measure and track the effectiveness of the video content. Understand media distribution process and report regularly on audience engagement levels and value.
- Strive to continuously improve creative knowledge through research and learning from industry trends and insights.
- Proactively communicate ideas effectively inside and outside the Marketing team, and accept critiques and feedback as part of the creative process.
- Coach other members in the business who are required to create video content as part of their day to day work, and be the “taste-level-monitor” to assure assets produced by others are on-message and on-brand.
- Maintain all video and photography equipment.
- Support the Digital and Marketing function with graphic design assistance. Utilising pre-existing templates, create sales and marketing assets, edit images for use as Sales collateral, within emails, brochures, data sheets and social media posts. Additionally be able to create and design assets from scratch, working within brand guidelines when required.
- Thorough knowledge of entire video production lifecycle, including pre-production, audio and video recording, lighting, editing, and post-production.
- Ability to generate and develop creative new ideas, bring fresh insights and always looking for new ways to improve our video and photographic content.
- Creative and strong storytelling skills, with the ability to create compelling original video content, with experience in production and post production.
- Expert video production and editing skills
- Expert in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Expert photography, motion graphics, design and animation skills
- Strong Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator skills
- Good knowledge of current online video production techniques and platforms
- Ability to work collaboratively with both your design team members and stakeholders from other departments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills - people want to work with you and you can confidently discuss and sell your design decisions.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio / demo reel that clearly demonstrates examples of your great video & photography work.
- Have a drive to continually learn and develop as a digital media producer – This includes both your craft and soft skills.
- A degree in a related discipline is preferable but not a deal breaker if you have great experience.
- Up to 28 days’ holiday per year
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and treats throughout the week
- Office Social events
- London office situated close to Spitafield Market
- After your probation, contributions to private healthcare and pension schemes