We are looking for a professional copywriter / communications expert who wants to thrive and flourish in the B2B Technology market, working for one of London’s hottest growing firms. This is a pivotal role helping define the Workshare Voice and making sure it’s executed across our external content and copy. You’ll be working within our Global Marketing team helping craft campaigns and program material that will be used by our partners, at events, in outbound commercial comms and across the digital world – and, where it improves our business, internal and hiring comms.
Someone who can think conceptually and turn complex, unstructured tech information into clear, compelling stories and content that engage our audience.
- Develop and maintain Workshare Voice standards ensuring our entire content real estate is consistent with that definition
- Collaborate with Marketing Campaign, Digital, Videographer & Events team to conceive and create copy for B2B emails, landing pages, display ads, print collateral, sales collateral, and other marketing and on-site communications; edit and proofread copy as needed
- Work closely with Product teams understanding the objectives and demographics of target personae adjusting copy appropriately for respective products and associated campaigns
- Within an integrated marketing structure, work closesly with the Campaign Manager and Field Marketing Managers to help devise key campaigns, and distribution models for the content you produce
- Team up with the videographer to play a key part in the production of all types of video content; create scripts, interview questions and storyboards. Occasionally interview clients on film.
- Understand the difference between online and off-line content styles and be able to write confidently for both
- Provide social-suitable content for Company Blog, LinkedIn and Twitter Accounts and manage the social posting process in keeping with the current style of communications via this channel
- Working with the technical product writers, and Digital Executive write web-optimized content for www.workshare.com
- Create and/or co-ordinate and commission, high value thought leaderships content. White papers, and industry reports. Understand the issues that Workshare’s clients face, and conceive engaging topics that will resonate and allow Workshare to promote commercial insight within these pieces to content.
- Manage the content layout and design process via an outsourced graphic design company. Ensure that content is put correctly into approved layouts, or to brief on a suitable design to support content created.
- Help train other customer facing teams to write content that meets with the Workshare Voice standard, and be the “taste-level-monitor” to assure assets produced by others are on-voice, on-message and on-brand
- Attend and be part of the Workshare Content Guild, contributing and adding value to maintain consistency across all content produced across the company
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership and other business teams to understand program objectives, and develop customer-messaging strategies for existing and new product offerings
- Optimize messaging based on testing and best practices and be comfortable with the idea of constant iteration and testing in order to identify the most appropriate messaging
- Support localization efforts for global and regional communications and campaigns
- Be part of a Customer Advocacy team with Sales and Product to build compelling videos, testimonials and client case studies
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in writing copy for B2B IT/Tec/SaaS marketing programs and campaigns
- An idea generator, great at brainstorming, planning and supporting creative teams with propositions and message platforms
- Self-motivated, positive and proactive, able to respond well to criticism and calls for edits or rewrites
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proof-reading skills. Equally confident in editing as well as writing
- Extremely confident – we need people who are experts in their area commanding respect and wanting to push the boundaries with edgy content that grabs attention. Ability to research and interview senior level executives within and out of the organization
- Good understanding of digital environment, online marketing and SEO with a proven track record of strategizing, development and delivering digital content
- Experience in headline writing & A/B testing effectiveness of subject lines to drive up open rates
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good stakeholder engagement and management skills with ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work strategically and happy to be hands-on with excellent attention to detail
- Strong and confident communicator, positive collaborator and proactive in using initiative
- Genuine team player and strong at building effective relationships within all levels of an organization
- Data- and results-driven, good analytical skills and passionate about striving for improvement
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Up to 28 days’ holiday per year
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and treats throughout the week
- Office Social events
- London office situated close to Spitafield Market
- After your probation, contributions to private healthcare and pension schemes