Meet our People...
We are looking for a C#/C++ Developer to develop and maintain Workshare software while adhering to Workshare quality standards.
You will work either within a team of developers or individually on supervised projects. You will be mentored and supervised by more senior members of the department, but will be expected to be proactive and provide input and feedback as necessary.
Adopting a lean startup culture, we work in an agile environment: delivering and deploying code rapidly must be something you thrive on.
Workshare also offers 20% Innovation Time. This means you'll have 20% free time to work on side projects of your choosing that benefit Workshare or the wider technical community in some way. That might be prototyping a new feature for the product, working on an open source project, giving a talk at a conference or sharpening your programming skills by learning a new language or piece of technology.
- Design, build and maintain reliable C# (and C++) code in order to develop new features and to fix existing issues
- Work with other members of the development team to improve existing features
- Investigate and debug issues and create solutions for these problems
- Pro-actively develop an understanding of the Workshare product architecture
- Investigate new technologies
- Maintain an efficient and professional relationship with other departments
- Proficient with programming languages C#
- Some of the following skills: C++, COM, Net Framework, Windows Forms, and WPF, LINQ, SQL
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both written and verbal forms
- Ability to use a variety of tools and techniques for tracking the cause of a problem and debugging
- Familiarity with source control such as Git and unit testing strategies and technologies
- Understanding of basic computing and OO concepts - bits/bytes, ASCII/Unicode, stack/heap, recursion, polymorphism, etc.
- Understanding of continuous integration
- Up to 28 days’ holiday per year (plus 8 days’ bank holiday)
- Private Medical Insurance, Pension and Life Assurance.
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and treats throughout the week