Head of Business Systems / System Architect
The Head of Business Systems will lead a small, talented and agile team to bring technical leadership to drive our technology transformation roadmap in support of key operational and customer-centric objectives. In this role you will be responsible for our systems architecture and product owner to deliver robust, reliable, scalable and efficient Business Systems to support Workshare’s strategic and operational objectives. These decisions will help the business choose the best technology, reduce costs and complexity, enable innovation, and support transformation of process and capabilities so that customers receive world class experience in every Workshare interaction.
- Management of the Business Systems team comprising a local team of Business Analyst / Technical Project Managers and Senior Salesforce Developers with access to additional resources off-shore in India.
- Own the systems architecture and be the Product Owner for primary systems including Salesforce and billing responsible for all decisions that affect system capability.
- Delivery of the Systems Roadmap ensuring that the estimation and resource planning associated with solution design and delivery, defining standards, solutions and schedules are in place to implement solutions in our environment.
- Critically assess and analyse the current system architecture, working collaboratively across the business to develop innovative technology strategies to rapidly make an impact in system effectiveness.
- Transform our legacy systems, modernising the business systems infrastructure and implementing best practice around data management and maintenance.
- Define and drive strategies to scale technical delivery by means of automation and / or other innovations.
- Design, operation and continuous improvement of our Business Systems and Platforms. This includes our system of record (Salesforce), billing system, on-line / eCommerce systems, licensing, Marketing systems and in-house products.
- Embrace continuous improvement thinking and ensuring operational stability during system transformations.
- Develop world class digital customer experiences, exploiting digital innovation for operational excellence and pragmatically leveraging commercial off the shelf packages with minimal customisation.
- Produce future-state capability maps to help define what the business needs in order to achieve the desired business strategies.
- Working with key stakeholders, support decision making around technology vendors or process change, leveraging EA artefacts to maximize short & long-term value of technology investments.
- Experience working in a position of technical leadership of a major implementation in a global company.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and influence different audiences, both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to advise and recommend credibly at all levels whilst managing complex stakeholder relationships.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in written documents (graphics or text), and to present these coherently and logically.
- Ability to consider systems holistically to determine how different parts interact and to ensure that changes do not negatively impact other areas.
- Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise systems engineering with broad understanding of systems integration, APIs and multi-tenant design.
- Experience of working with 3rd party partners and software vendors during the design and build phases.
- Project management skills and experience to be able to effectively engage project managers in the deployment of systems.
- Knowledge and experience working in an agile environment.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and theories for a variety of projects.
- Leadership and ability to mentor and motivate team members;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Ability to communicate and exchange ideas including technical issues and solutions at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally;
- A minimum of 2-3 years with direct responsibility for systems architecture having been promoted through technical roles including software development.
- Deep functional knowledge of the technologies used to deliver business activities
- Ability to work in rapidly changing environments and at times ambiguous work situations;
- Excellent understanding of AGILE principles and methodology.
- Salesforce expert technical knowledge of architecture and platform constraints mandatory. Understanding of key SFDC architectural concepts and how they influence design. Force.com platform experience, including the limitation of the platform (e.g. API and governor limits). Salesforce certification desirable but not essential.
University degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. First class or 2:1 qualification preferred.
In return for all of this, we offer:
- 25 days Holidays Per Year rising to 28 Days
- Company Paid Bank Holidays – 8 statutory days per year
- Medical and Travel insurance
- Pension Scheme Contribution up to 5%
- Life assurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Wellness program including contribution to Gym membership
- Vision care
- Hot/Cold Drinks and Fruit available.
- Fun environment with great offices and awesome team events